International Business Administration
This master’s programme focuses on specific areas of international business, marketing and sales management. Numerous opportunities of immersion study in local business environment are available in the Baltic countries, Scandinavia, Russia, and the EU. Students will gain knowledge and skills necessary to become successful international top managers.
LEVEL OF STUDYMaster's
STUDY LOAD120 ECTS (view curriculum)
MODE OF STUDYFull-time study
In this programme you will be able to choose from two different specialities:
Specialty for those who wish to work in an international business environment as a top manager or export manager and to supplement their existing knowledge. You will learn in-depth analysis of the organization and its components and re-evaluate and redesign them as needed. During the programme, you will learn the organizational structure, business process management, technology, organizational culture and business strategy interrelationships. During the lectures you will delve into organizational design and management of its functional areas. In connection with the above, you will acquire knowledge of modern forms and methods of work organization and will be able to prepare and implement organizational changes.
In the programme you will be able to plan the company's export activities and it will familiarize you with the aspects of exporting and it’s critical success factors. Along with this you will gain knowledge of the theoretical fundamentals of foreign economics, analysis of potential target markets and sales activities in foreign markets. Many courses will be the form of seminars and workshops where you and specialists will solve vital tasks and imitate real-world export situations.
As a graduate, you will be a top professional who can take responsibility for the export and management of a company, analyse results and redesign corporate strategies and policies.
strategic management, export management, international business, business trends, management and leadership, supply chain management.
Marketing and Sales management
This specialty develops professionals in their field who want to achieve high goals in marketing and sales management and to improve their existing knowledge to reach a new level. To do this, you will study in-depth marketing strategies and gain a more specific knowledge of marketing concepts, international and digital marketing, along with your specifics and aspects of intercultural communication. In addition, you will gain the knowledge to prepare, conduct and analyse market research, and learn how to reshape consumer behaviour patterns for your business. And of course you will learn how to lead a brand!
In Sales Management you will gain knowledge of the basics of commerce, category management, business development and business information systems. In addition, it focuses on aspects of business negotiation, innovation and strategic management accounting.
international marketing, marketing research, strategic marketing, service design, digital marketing, sales management.
Standard curriculum for International business
Standard curriculum for Marketing and Sales management
Why this programme?
- The school starts after your regular working day at 17:45 and ends 21:00
- Largest and most international faculty of business and economics in Estonia
- Many opportunities for start-up businesses, business model competitions and international summer schools
- Co-operation with Estonian corporate sector and state institutions; main partners are Ominiva, East-Tallinn Central Hospital, Swedbank, PricewaterhouseCoopers, KPMG etc.
- TalTech alumni membership; some of the members are in leading positions in Estonian economy and in business, which in turn enables to find business partners in the region
The programme graduates will gain a broad-based business competence to operate in various businesses in an international context. The knowledge, skills and experience enable the graduate to work as a member of a board, as a middle manager or top specialist, for excellence both in Estonia and in other parts of the world. The curriculum is designed for students, whose aim is to self-development and career advancement and it is creating sufficient prerequisites for rapid and flexible orientation in both practical business and possible future academic activities.
"The reason I first came to study in TalTech was the fact that this university provides a truly innovative, friendly and international environment. As a person who comes from a trilingual family background and lived most of her life abroad, I have always been very impressed with how much care and effort the university puts in the education and wellbeing of its international students. After finishing my bachelor degree, I went to Germany for a year to start with my master’s degree. However, I had to realise very soon that I missed the motivating learning environment that TalTech offers so I made a decision to move back to Tallinn to start with my MBA degree and continue working as the Head of International Affairs of United Nations Association Estonia."
Juliane Jokinen, Finland
Alumnus of the International Business Administration
Bachelor's degree or equivalent
No degree restrictions based on the previous study field.
In order to qualify for the studies in Tallinn University of Technology an applicant has to have at least 60% of the highest possible CGPA.
- Aspects evaluated during the interview:
- Why do you prefer MBA programme over other study fields?
- Why do you want to study International Business Administration?
- Do you have any previous experience or connection to this field?
- What are in your opinion the most useful features of Business Administration academic programme?
- How could you enrich our MBA programme?
- What are your experiences as a manager?
- What are your career plans for the near future?
- Which of your personal traits and professional skills will be most useful when studying MBA?
- How will MBA diploma acquired at TalTech help you to achieve your goals?
- As you should be aware, acquiring MA degree requires writing a thesis. Which topic and why would you choose for your thesis?
- How do you feel about writing a thesis and reading significant amount of academic literature?
Duration of the interview is approximately 10 minutes.
Students for TalTech international study programmes are admitted based on the admission threshold. The maximum score for online application (CV) and interview is 10 points. An applicant who receives the minimum of 5 points is admitted.
TalTech international admissions office
TalTech international admissions office provides general advice to prospective Bachelor’s and Master’s degree applicants and their advisers about applying to and studying at TalTech University.
Student counsellor at School of Business and Governance
Student counsellor at School of Business and Governance can help you
with questions about the study programme.
(+372) 620 3940
Contact a Student Ambassador
Student Ambassador can help you with questions about living in Estonia, travelling to Estonia, work and housing options or free time activities for students.